The Higher Graphics Advantage
- At our website, you can actually see the decals you are ordering. Our competitors hide their designs from you; ours are out in the open.
- Our decals can be ordered in many different colors. Click here to see a palette. Our competitors don't give you a choice of colors.
- We use high quality 3M Scotchcal Series 220 vinyl, which is rated for 5-8 years.
- We coat our printed decals with a special U-V protectant for even greater durability.
- We work with you, referencing the latest FAA Airworthiness Directives (ADs) and your pilot's handbook to ensure that all mandatory placards for your aircraft are supplied with the order of a full interior or exterior kit. Regular sign shops lack our deep aviation knowledge and cannot provide this service.
- If you only need some of the decals from an interior or exterior kit, we will break up the kit, saving you money.
- Every order is made to customer specifications. Our competitors sell kits with a hodgepodge of numbers, forcing you to make your own fuel and oil capacity, tire pressure, and other alphanumeric labels - but not Higher Graphics. We create the decals with the correct values for you when we manufacture them, saving you a step and creating a perfectly aligned decal.
- Custom orders are our specialty. We will create your custom decal at a mass production price. Most companies force the first customer for a decal set to pay setup costs - but not Higher Graphics. For non-exclusive original designs, you pay the same price you would for an existing design.
About The Company
Higher Graphics was proceeded by Aero D'cals, a company started by Steve's mentor Phil Waldman. In 2006, Phil was planning on retiring. At that time, Higher Graphics was started and took over much of the Aero D'cals' business. Phil's main business was ferrying aircraft all over the world. He also had a paint shop and would create decal kits for various aircraft as he would renovate them for his customers. Phil started doing this in the 1970s and 1980s. Higher Graphics is the beneficiary of Phil's years of creating decal kits and his years of experience in the Aviation industry.
Steve began has career in the 1970s working in the Aviation industry. In the 1980s when the Aviation industry went through some difficult times he switched to Radio Communications. In the 1990s, he transitioned to the Telecommunications industry, mainly writing software for networking equipment. Steve is using his experience in these fields to create a company that uses technology to be more flexible and to give the customers custom and semi-custom decals and decal kits at a reasonable price.
In 2009, Steve was joined by Karen DePatra as the Office Manager for Higher Graphics. Karen is also an aviation enthusiast. In fact, Steve and Karen attended ground school together in the 1970s. Karen has managed offices in various industries, primarily the construction industry early in her career. More recently, her experience has been in the sign making industry. The sign industry uses the same technology as the decal industry, so Karen's experience is a perfect fit for Higher Graphics.
Steve and Karen grew up in Lakeland, FL, home to the Sun N' Fun Fly-in. Steve grew up around aircraft his entire life. His Dad owned a Piper Cub when he was young. His good friends were the Hendersons. Billy Henderson was one of the people who were instrumental in creating Sun N' Fun. His son, Arthur Henderson ran the Sun N' Fun Air Museum for a number of years.
Premium and Economy Internal Decal KitsWe offer most of our internal kits in a choice of premium or economy level.
|Premium decals are precut and are printed using your choice of colors.||Economy decals are sold from inventory and are available only in the specified colors which is generally white on black vinyl.|
|Precision cut by our computerized equipment; ready for installation.||Uncut; must be cut by hand prior to installation.|